Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Twelve hours at TCH

Last week was a whopper of a week. Monday morning we went to the Dr. for an ear infection and eye infection. Monday night Juliet started crying out in pain and not putting pressure on her right side. I thought is was a fluke thing and gave her tylenol and put her to bed. Tuesday morning she woke up fine and started playing. About an hour after waking up she started crying again so I called the Dr. She said to take her into the ER. So we head in. As soon as the Dr. walks in Juliet starts walking again. I am thinking "What in the World", this lady is going to think I am nuts. They did believe me and ran blood work, x-rays, and a ultra sound. Juliet has viral joint inflammation. It could take weeks to go away. Wednesday I went to the Dr. with a sore throat, I think I was just tired. Thursday, we went to the ENT and got scheduled for a swallow study. Finally we will be able to see what is going on. Friday Early Childhood Intervention came out and evaluated her for services through the school district. Of course she qualified as we are now labeled "Failure to thrive". We are holding strong to our weight with lots of Pedi-sure. We will get through this and she is just as happy as can be and that is all that I can ask for right now.

No comments: